|Dennis Potter 4bf30d1fca|
This Rust and Rocket.rs based, fully responsive website is a simple contact form to RSVP to a wedding. It was meant to be simple to use, since a lot of non-tech-savvy people will usually attend a wedding as well ;-). Therefore, it is completely (HTML) email based and does not include any CAPTCHA.
- KISS: Not too many features and fields, no databases, no CAPTCHA.
- Completely (HTML) email based: The guest will receive a confirmation with additional information on top of the invite he got. Attached to this email, an ICS file enables the user to directly add the wedding into his calendar.
- Configurable, multi-language strings: All language strings can be defined in
config.hjson. Since this website assumes that a different FQDN is used for every language, the mapping between TLDs and languages must be configured in
- Separete emails for accepting/rejecting the invitation: Guests who will attend will get a different e-mail from guests that will not attend.
- Proper error handling for emails: If an email cannot be sent, the website will always try to catch this error and inform the organizer of the wedding about the error and the reason of the error. He/she can act accordingly and manually contact the guest. The guest will get a nice landing page with information on how to contact the organizer.
- IP based spam protection: As mentioned before, this website does not include CAPTCHA to ease usability. There is, however, a small protection so that one IP can only send an email every X seconds. Here, X can be configured in
git clone https://git.dennispotter.eu/Dennis/wedding-rsvp-rs.git
cp config.hjson.example config.hjson
- Add your SMTP credentials to
config.hjsonadapt the language strings to your liking